Manchester United vs Leeds United prediction, lineups, results and betting tips brought to you by oddschecker expert George Gamble.
The hosts have quietly gone about their business and a win here would see them go level on points with rivals Manchester City. They’ll feel confident of doing so considering the peril that Leeds United currently face and given the previous two meetings at this venue have produced 14 goals, we could be in for another thriller.
Manchester United vs Leeds United Stats
- Bruno Fernandes has scored six goals in four Premier League appearances against Leeds United
- The hosts have scored two or more goals in seven of their 10 home league outings
- Leeds have conceded two or more goals in six of their 10 road matches in the top flight this season
Manchester United vs Leeds United Prediction
Betting Tip: Manchester United -1.5 Asian Handicap
Seemingly out of nowhere, Manchester United look to be in the title race as they sit just three points adrift of second place in the Premier League standings. Boss Erik ten Hag appears to have completely rejuvenated his side and they’re showing the character to win games even when obstacles are put in their way.
Only Arsenal and Manchester City have scored two or more goals at home more often than the Red Devils this term and they look well placed to do so again when they welcome a Leeds United outfit that looks in complete disarray.
The visitors are currently without a manager after the sacking of Jesse Marsch and it looks like another tough away day is on the cards. Leeds have secured just a single victory away from home this term, against Liverpool, and it means only Bournemouth have a worse record on their travels.
Manchester United have the momentum and despite missing some key personnel, they should have far too much in the way of firepower for Leeds to handle. I like the look of a home win but I really like the 5/4 available on them covering a -1.5 Asian handicap.
Betting Tip: Bruno Fernandes to score anytime
All eyes have been on Marcus Rashford who has hit a real purple patch after scoring in six of his last seven league outings. However, the market reflects this as he’s the favourite to score anytime at just 23/20. Instead, I like the odds available on midfielder Burno Fernandes to get himself onto the scoresheet.
Casemiro is suspended for this encounter and it looks like new signing Marcel Sabitzer will be given his first start here. It allows the aforementioned Fernandes to roam further forward and he is currently averaging just under two shots per game on home soil this season.
The Portuguese midfielder also has a tremendous record when facing Leeds United. In four Premier League appearances against them, he has a total of eight goal involvements, scoring six goals and bagging himself two assists.
This should be another fairly high scoring encounter between these two clubs, with the hosts winning the most recent two home league meetings by an aggregate of 11-3, and I'll take the 11/5 on him scoring.
Manchester United vs Leeds United Results
|20/02/2022||Leeds 2-4 Man Utd||Premier League|
|14/08/2021||Man Utd 5-1 Leeds||Premier League|
|25/04/2021||Leeds 0-0 Man Utd||Premier League|
|20/12/2020||Man Utd 6-2 Leeds||Premier League|
|20/09/2011||Leeds 0-3 Man Utd||League Cup|
Manchester United vs Leeds United Team News
- Donny van de Beek is ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury, while Christian Eriksen may not return to action until April or even May with an ankle injury
- Scott McTominay remains out with a muscular injury
- Anthony Martial had a setback in his recovery from injury and so remains sidelined
- Casemiro is suspended after his straight red card against Crystal Palace. Marcel Sabitzer may be in line for his first start as a result
- Rodrigo will be out until April after having surgery on an ankle injury
- Archie Gray, Adam Forshaw and Stuart Dallas remain sidelined owing to injuries
- Sonny Perkins will likely be out of this match too, owing to the ankle injury he sustained against Accrington Stanley
- Robin Koch can return, after serving his suspension against Nottingham Forest
Manchester United vs Leeds United Lineups:
Predicted lineups are brought to you by WhoScored.com.
De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Sabitzer, Fred, Antony, Fernandes, Rashford, Weghorst
Meslier, Ayling, Cooper, Wober, Struijk, Adams, Roca, Sinisterra, Harrison, Gnonto, Bamford
Manchester United vs Leeds United Score Prediction:
Manchester United 3-1 Leeds United