Chelsea vs Everton prediction, lineups, results and betting tips brought to you by oddschecker expert George Gamble.
Chelsea have put a bit of form together having won all of their last three matches. But Everton are a tough nut to crack under Sean Dyche and he’ll be looking to frustrate Graham Potter's men.
Chelsea vs Everton Stats
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 27 Premier League home games against Everton dating back to November 1994
- At least five cards have been produced in four of the last five meetings and five of Chelsea’s last six matches
- Referee Darren England has awarded an average of 4.6 cards per game across his last five matches officiated
Chelsea vs Everton Prediction
Betting Tip: Chelsea win & under 3.5 goals
Game-by-game the recent pressure mounting on Chelsea boss Graham Potter’s shoulders appears to be lifting as his side have now put a run together of three consecutive wins, including a decisive victory over Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League.
But they’ll have to work hard to break through this Everton side that have shown a lot more steel under the stewardship of Sean Dyche. Although, despite looking more organised, they still haven’t claimed an away win in any competition since October. They have had to face Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in their last five league away games and it doesn't get any easier here.
Chelsea have conceded twice or more at home just once this season, less often than any other side and it seems highly unlikely that Everton will cause too many problems in an attacking sense. But Chelsea are hit and miss, however, I'm expecting them to find the breakthrough eventually. I don’t think this match will produce four goals but I do see the hosts grinding out a win.
I’ll side with a Chelsea victory and under 3.5 goals in total.
Betting Tip: Over four Asian cards
I do think this matchup could be quite a tight affair and with that often comes cards. Only Fulham have been awarded more yellow cards than Everton this season and that has remained a consistent theme since the arrival of Sean Dyche. His sides are battle hardened and they’ll certainly be looking to get physical away to Chelsea.
Chelsea's recent matches have also seen a high number of cards produced with five of their last six games seeing five or more awarded in total. The referee for this one is Darren England and he is not shy of brandishing a few. In fact, in his last five fixtures where he has been the referee, he has awarded a total of 23 yellow cards in total.
Cards have been produced in abundance when these sides have taken each other on and four of the last five clashes between these clubs have seen this line land. I’m expecting the Saturday evening kickoff to be action-packed with plenty of players giving the referee no option but to show them a card.
I’ll play the Asian line here and go with over four in total, meaning if there are exactly four, our stake is refunded.
Chelsea vs Everton Results
|06/08/2022||Everton 0-1 Chelsea||Premier League|
|01/05/2022||Everton 1-0 Chelsea||Premier League|
|16/12/2021||Chelsea 1-1 Everton||Premier League|
|08/03/2021||Chelsea 2-0 Everton||Premier League|
|12/12/2020||Everton 1-0 Chelsea||Premier League|
Chelsea vs Everton Team News
- Armando Broja is ruled out for the rest of the season with an ACL injury
- Thiago Silva is ruled out with a knee injury
- N'Golo Kante and Edouard Mendy could both make the matchday squad for this game
- Cesar Azpilicueta will likely remain out of this game
- Mason Mount will both have to be assessed prior to the game to see if he can play a part
- Reece James was ill for the last match against Leicester, but should return here
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Raheem Sterling also missed that game with Leicester with respective injuries and so will have to be assessed before this one
- Andros Townsend remains sidelined through injury
- Nathan Patterson and Dominic Calvert-Lewin could both return to the matchday squad for this game
Chelsea vs Everton Lineups
Predicted lineups are brought to you by WhoScored.com.
Kepa, Fofana, Koulibaly, Badiashile, James, Fernandez, Kovacic, Chilwell, Havertz, Felix, Mudryk
Pickford, Coleman, Keane, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Iwobi, Doucoure, Gueye, Onana, McNeil, Gray
Chelsea vs Everton Score Prediction
Chelsea 2-0 Everton