Hoosiers had a lot to celebrate back in 2019 when Indiana online sports betting went live for the first time. With over $1 billion bet on sports and horse racing in the first year alone, residents have taken to the pastime in a big way. With Indiana sports gambling becoming such a popular activity, you may want to try it out yourself—but it’s important to come in with a bit of knowledge on your side. Luckily, OddsChecker is here to help by covering everything you need to know about sports gambling in Indiana. Read on to learn about the best wagering websites available in the Hoosier State, and discover how to get started betting the smart way today.
The competition runs hot among betting providers in the Hoosier State. With more sportsbook licenses being awarded than ever before, each betting venue is striving to give the best Indiana online sports betting experience of them all. However, when you factor in customer service, betting options, and player satisfaction, a few sportsbooks stand out above the rest:
- Draft Kings
These prestigious providers seem to have it all, with generous bonuses and player rewards coupled with easy-to-use apps and flawless customer service. When it comes time for sports gambling in Indiana, these are the brands players can count on to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience. If you want to learn more about them, don’t miss our promotions guide and reviews in the following sections.
One of the best parts of Indiana online sports betting is taking advantage of the smorgasbord of welcome offers, free bets, and promotions available in the state. You can discover which bonuses to expect from providers here in table below.
|Sportsbook||Welcome Offer||Promo Code|
|DraftKings||Up to $1,025 sign-up bonus||N/A|
|PointsBet||$250 deposit bonus||BONUSNOW|
|Unibet||$30 free sign-up bonus||N/A|
|FanDuel||Up to $1,000 risk-free bet||N/A|
|BetMGM||$500 match-deposit bonus||PLAYBONUS|
|BetRivers||$250 match-deposit bonus for Monday Night Football||250MATCH|
|BetAmerica||First bet matched up to $50||BET50|
|theScore Bet||Risk-free bet up to $500||N/A|
Sports gambling in Indiana is hotter than ever, and there are quite a few providers breaking into the market. However, not all venues are created equal. Here’s our stance on the top 5 Indiana online sports betting sites and why we love them.
1. DraftKings: Not only was DraftKings one of the first sportsbooks to launch in Indiana, it’s also been a top provider in all regards since its inception. New players are drawn in by a risk-free bet of up to $500 when they first sign up, while a $500 match-deposit bonus sweetens the deal even more. The sleek website and highly functional mobile app contribute to a seamless betting experience, while a comprehensive list of markets adds to the fun. Here players will find all styles of betting, and the variety of niche markets is expected to grow exponentially as the site gains even more traction.
2. PointsBet: The PointsBet $250 deposit bonus is enough to pique the interest of many players, but it’s hardly the most fascinating aspect of the site. What makes PointsBet stand out the most is a unique wagering system unlike any other. Players can choose to participate in the PointsBetting wagering model, wherein the more points your bet wins by, the more money you receive. This model comes with its own set of risks, as the more points you lose by, the less money you receive as well. It can add a fresh and thrilling way to participate in betting, but never fear—if it doesn’t seem like your thing, PointsBet has a plethora of regular-style bets to make as well.
3. Unibet: One of the most trusted brands in the sports betting world, Unibet was first established way back in the 90s. With the legalization of sports gambling in Indiana, they’ve finally arrived in the Hoosier State to provide their groundbreaking services to residents and visitors alike. Take advantage of the free $30 sign-up bonus to place bets on a variety of markets, enjoying all sorts of betting styles as you see fit. Unibet’s simple design and bright color scheme make it easy and fun to use, while it’s vast array of options means players aren’t in any danger of losing interest.
4. FanDuel: Bettors can wager on all major American sports with FanDuel as they enjoy a variety of promotions and bonuses through the site. New clients will jump for joy at the $1,000 risk-free bet welcome offer, while multi-sport parlay insurance, risk-free same-game parlays, and a free weekly picks contest provide exciting elements to those who need some extra thrills. Play anywhere with the mobile app as you enjoy seamless betting action and stylish aesthetics, or choose the tried-and true desktop experience for betting at home.
5. BetMGM: No one can deny thatBetMGM is one of the trendiest Indiana sports gambling providers out there, with an appealing gold-on-black color scheme and navigable layout making this venue a go-to for many players. Use the customizable parlay generator to build your parlays quickly and easily, or discover their list of specialized promotions for the NFL and World Series. With a risk-free first bet of up to $500, there’s plenty of incentive to hop aboard this trend train.
Indiana horse racing is a time-honored tradition dating back to the 1800s. There are two major horse race tracks in Indiana, and each one offers something special to visitors.
The Indiana Grand Racecourse at Shelbyville is your one-stop shop for thoroughbred and quarter-horse racing, with a season running from April to October. This includes the infamous Indiana Derby, a rich Hoosier tradition with a purse worth $500,000. Owned by Caesar’s entertainment, you’ll find this to be a larger resort-style racetrack and casino compound with plenty of dining, entertainment, and opportunities for fun.
The Hoosier Park Racecourse is also owned by Caesar’s, and it’s no less snazzy than the Indiana Grand. However, this Anderson-based racetrack is a more down-to-earth venue, giving off a homestyle vibe amidst its thrilling atmosphere. Bet on worldwide races here with simulcast racing, or enjoy the Dan Patch Stakes with a purse worth $300,000.
Nowadays, the races garner just as much excitement as they did in the 1800s—but since it became legalized in 1993, Indiana horse racing enthusiasts have quite a few more options when it comes to placing wagers. You can bet right on the tracks at the races themselves, or utilize any number of off-track betting (OTB) venues. You can also use two online horse race betting providers, should you wish to place your wagers from the comfort of home or away from the tracks.
- TVG: The Television Games Network operates TVG betting, and it’s a great choice for wagering on Indiana horse racing. With a full overview of racetracks and an innovative interface, users can bet on major races around the world on mobile or desktop.
- BetAmerica: Owned by Churchill Downs, the same company that operates the Kentucky Derby racetrack, BetAmerica is a go-to for many horse betting hopefuls in Indiana. The site is available for desktop and mobile, and allows betting on domestic and international races.
Indiana online sports betting was legalized back in May of 2019, and the first sites went live in October of the same year.
No, offshore sportsbooks are not legal in Indiana.
Indiana sports gambling gives you betting access to all major sports, including soccer, football, basketball, hockey, and baseball. Many venues provide international sports as well, while some are beginning to offer niche markets for those who prefer a little something different.
We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.