Virginia sports betting is here at last. After years of careful deliberation and months of debate on the public forum, lawmakers finally took the plunge and legalized wagering in July of 2020. The first online sportsbooks launched in January of 2021, and many others will follow suit in the coming months. Now that Virginia sports betting has become a reality, you probably want to get in on the action. But with all these new players on the field, it’s difficult for bettors to determine which sportsbook is right for them. That’s where OddsChecker comes in. Read on to discover our comprehensive guide on sports betting in Virginia, including top betting sites, promotions, and how you can get the most bang for your betting buck.
The bills that legalized Virginia sports betting will grant a total of twelve online sportsbooks the right to operate in the state. However, legislators are already looking to expand this number—and with so much competition in the mix, providers must work hard to stand out. So far, several rivals have caught our eye:
• FOX Bet
So, what makes these operators shine? A combination of special features, seamless performance, and rich rewards mean VA punters can’t help but fall in love. And as each provider becomes available across Old Dominion, bettors will have the chance to try them all.
Welcome offers and promotions are one of the first things bettors consider when deciding on a sportsbook. Luckily, Virginia sports betting providers are more than up to the task. Since sports betting in virginia is a relatively new phenomenon, each provider is striving to give the best deal possible—and this includes a smorgasbord of free bets, season-specific bonuses, and player rewards. Here’s what you’ll find at top VA betting sites:
1. FanDuel: Right now, FanDuel is offering new players a risk-free first bet of up to $1,000. To get in on this sweet deal, all you really need to do is sign up and deposit at least $10 into your account using the promo code BESTPROMOCODE. Once you’ve deposited, browse through the odds and make a bet. If your bet loses, you’ll get a full refund up t0 $1,000 in the form of site credit to be used on further bets.
2. DraftKings: DraftKings sportsbook is offering a 20% match-deposit bonus of up to $1000 for new players on the site in Virginia. All you need to do is sign up and make your first deposit. Once you do that, DraftKings will make another deposit into your account equaling 20% of your initial deposit. To receive the full $1,000, you’ll make a deposit of $5,000. However, you can deposit as little as $5 to qualify for the bonus—in that case, you’d receive $1.
3. BetMGM: BetMGM is offering new players in Virginia the chance to place a risk-free first bet of up to $600 when they sign up. All you need to do is create an account, make a deposit, and place your first bet. If it loses, you’ll receive the entire amount you wagered right back into your account. You won’t be able to withdraw it, but you can use it to keep the good times rolling with additional wagers at BetMGM.
4. BetAmerica: BetAmerica hasn’t gone live in VA just yet, but they’ll be offering a substantial welcome bonus once they launch. Their Bet 50 Get 50 welcome offer requires you to sign up and make a deposit using promo code BET50. Once you’ve made a bet of at least $50, you’ll receive an additional $50 back into your account in the form of free bets.
5. FOX Bet: Virginia bettors are eagerly awaiting the arrival of FOX Bet, which offers an exclusive welcome offer way too good to pass up. Their bodacious bonus comes in the form of a risk-free first bet worth up to $500. To claim it, create your FOX Bet account and make a deposit. Then, make your first bet. If it loses, you’ll receive the amount you bet back into your account.
Best Sports Betting Sites 2021
So, why have we chosen some providers above others? Our top sportsbook picks couple modern style with distinct features and superb customer service. Each one offers a little something special for punters to enjoy, all contributing towards a seamless wagering experience.
When it comes to Virginia sports betting operators, FanDuel simply provides a superior platform. Available on Android and Apple devices or on a desktop computer, FanDuel is accessible for almost everyone. The app loads fast and is easy to use, with a brilliantly blue aesthetic and a ton of built-in features for you to try. Live betting is available year-round, and you can even place same-game parlay bets on the app. With intuitive navigation and a ton of betting options, FanDuel really is a cut above the rest.
Experienced bettors have already heard about DraftKings, but newbies should be interested as well. This sports betting provider runs one of the largest fantasy sports platforms in the world, and was one of the first to launch in Virginia for both desktop and mobile devices. Players tend to enjoy its wide range of sports and the down-to-earth aesthetic, especially when coupled with the sleek feel and highly-navigable interface. The love just grows stronger when you factor in key features like real-time odds updates, live betting, and a wide variety of ever-changing bonuses and promotions.
Nearly synonymous with the luxury and decadence of Las Vegas, BetMGM sportsbook offers more than surface-level glitz and glamor. Here bettors will have access to nearly every sport and wagering style in the book, including same-game parlays and live, in-play betting on selected sports. Organize your wagers easily and conveniently with the Bet MGM bet builder, crafting a completely customized experience from over 400 bet types. Virginia sports betting enthusiasts will even be able to use their BetMGM accounts for special rewards at affiliated land-based casinos and sportsbooks across the nation.
Online sports betting became legal in Virginia on July 1st of 2020. The first sports betting sites were launched in January of 2021.
No, offshore sportsbooks are not legal in Virginia.
You can bet on all major sports in Virginia including football, basketball, hockey, baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, volleyball, NASCAR, UFC, MMA, boxing, cycling, handball, darts, cricket, rugby, snooker, table tennis, and more.
Yes and no. Virginia sports betting laws do allow you to bet on local sports teams, and you can also bet on college football. However, you cannot bet on local college football teams like Virginia Tech or the University of Richmond, or place bets on any games which involve local colleges..
We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.