Odds format
United States

Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk Odds & Betting: Underdog Heavily Wagered

Despite being the underdog, Oleksandr Usyk is now getting 63 percent of the public bets.
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk Betting Preview

“The Perfect Storm” otherwise known as the Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk fight is set to take place on Saturday afternoon. No, it’s not the Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury that people were hoping for, but it’ll still be a fight that garners a lot of attention.

Joshua is the heavy favorite for this match at -225 as he is an impressive 24-1 with 22 career knockouts. Although Usyk is a worthy opponent, as the southpaw is 18-0 in his career as a fighter.

Even though Joshua is the betting favorite, the public is riding with the underdog in this heavyweight battle.

When is Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk?

Date: Saturday, September 25

Start Time: 1:00 PM ET

Joshua vs. Usyk Start Time: 5:00 PM ET

Location: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium – London, England

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk Odds

Anthony Joshua

So far in his professional career, only Andy Ruiz has gotten the best of him in the ring. Since losing to Ruiz back in 2019, after starting with 22 consecutive wins, he’s won twice including the rematch and a fight against Kubrat Pulev.

The 31-year-old has the size advantage over Usyk as Joshua stands at six-foot-six with an 82-inch reach as compared to Oleksandr Usyk who is six-foot-three with a 78-inch reach.

If Joshua were to win this fight, the assumption is that he’d be next in like for a crack at Tyson Fury. But that might not be such a cakewalk if Usyk is able to come out with a win on Saturday.

Oleksandr Usyk

Coming from the Ukraine, the veteran southpaw is undefeated with an 18-0 record. As a heavyweight, Oleksandr Usyk won Gold at the 2012 Olympics in London and he became the first-ever dour-belt undisputed cruiserweight champion in 2018 after winning the World Boxing Super Series.

Pound-for-pound, Usyk is one of the best fighters in the sport right now, despite not having the recognition that Joshua has. Since moving up from cruiserweight to heavyweight he’s fought twice beating Derek Chisora and Chazz Witherspoon.

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk Odds

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk Odds

At -225, Joshua is given a 69.23 percent chance of winning in front of his home country while Usyk at +225 is in return given a 30.77 percent chance. Since the fight was announced, oddsmakers have looked at Joshua as the favorite

ResultOddsImplied Probability
Anthony Joshua Win-22569.23%
Oleksandr Usyk Win+22530.77%

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk Betting

Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk Odds

In this instance, the public doesn’t agree with the oddsmakers. In the last seven days, Usyk is getting 63 percent of the total bets with Joshua coming in at 31 percent, and a draw at six percent. The public is in on the underdog.

ResultPublic Betting%
Joshua Win31%
Usyk Win63%

OddsChecker sports writer Matt O'Leary brings experience sports betting advice to the OC staff. You may recognize Matt from his popular New York Jets youtube channel, but his vast knowledge of sports and betting goes well past the boundaries of New York.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.