Odds format
United States

Rose Namajunas vs. Carla Esparza Odds: Namajunas Given 69% Chance to Beat Esparza at UFC 274

An absolutely stacked UFC pay-per-view is on deck for Saturday evening from Phoenix, AZ. Johnny Covers gives you a closer look at UFC 274 Rose Namajunas vs. Carla Esparza.
| 5 mins read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

Rose Namajunas vs. Carla Esparza Odds: Namajunas Given 69% Chance to Beat Esparza at UFC 274

When: May 7, 10:00 PM EDT

Where: Footprint Center, Phoenix, AZ

An absolutely stacked UFC pay-per-view is on deck for Saturday evening from Phoenix, AZ, as the night will be headlined by a UFC Lightweight title fight as Charles Oliveira defends his belt against Justin Gaethje at UFC 274. Prior to that, however, there is a handful of other great fights, including another title fight (women’s strawweight) serving as the co-main event.

While Donald Cerrone (vs. Joe Lauzon) kicks off the main card and Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson takes us into the co-main, today we focus on that co-main title fight. Let’s take a closer look at Rose Namajunas vs. Carla Esparza, diving deeper into both fighters and where the money is headed in the build-up to UFC 274: Oliveira vs. Gaethje.

Claim this Welcome Offer from DraftKings for UFC Fight Night!

Error fetching data.

Rose Namajunas (12-4-0)

The No. 3 pound for pound woman in the UFC, and current strawweight champion, will step into the octagon Saturday looking to defend her belt for the third time. It is currently her second run with that belt, having won it in November 2017 before losing it two years later to Jessica Andrade. 

Ahead of this defense, the champ comes in with a large advantage in significant strikes landed per minute at 4.01 (vs. 2.34), as well as takedown accuracy at 56.3% (vs. 37.2%). She will also stand 4” over her opponent in this fight and have a 2” reach advantage.

Carla Esparza (19-6-0)

Esparza got her start in the UFC via The Ultimate Fighter in 2014, a submission win over Namajunas as the two will finally get their rematch Saturday nearly eight years later. The first holder of the women's strawweight belt with that win, Esparza hasn’t got a chance at it since, as Saturday will mark the culmination of years of hard work and fighting the best in the division.

As of Saturday, Esparza enters this fight on a five-fight win streak, the most recent of which came via TKO in the second round (Yan Xiaonan). What she lacks in striking volume, she makes up for inaccuracy, coming into this fight with a significant striking accuracy clip of 65.5% (vs. 45.4%).

Rose Namajunas vs Carla Esparza Odds

When these odds initially opened, Namajunas was a -170 favorite, and so far the public bettors have mostly agreed. As of Tuesday morning, Namajunas has reached as high as -225 (BetMGM), with her best odds over at Points Bet (-190).

As for the underdog Esparza, bettors looking to back her should head to BetMGM, where a +185 is currently the best number posted. 

Click here to see the latest betting odds for Rose Namajunas vs Carla Esparza

Rose Namajunas vs Carla Esparza Odds & Public Betting Data

As fight night approaches in Phoenix, the money so far has been flowing in mostly on the champ. According to Odds Shark, 60% of the money line consensus is on the Namajunas at -220, while the remaining 40% is on Esparza at +175.

How To Bet On Rose Namajunas vs Carla Esparza

Now we’ve given you all odds and betting data you need to wager on UFC 274: Namajunas vs. Esparza, let’s dive into the best betting promo available to you.

Error fetching data.


Johnny has been covering the sports betting markets and handicapping games for the better part of the past decade. Along the way, he has written for publications such as All-In Magazine, Blitz Predict, FantasyPros, Betting Pros, Sportsbook Review, and most recently, OddsChecker. In addition to giving out picks on Twitter, Johnny is the host of the podcast The Daily Sports Bet -- a 10 minute or less listen with actionable insights and no fluff or BS. Starting the podcast in June, he closed out 2021 up 26 units with a winning percentage of 55%.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.