UFC Odds: Bettors Split Between Eye and Calvillo

With tomorrow's UFC Fight Night right around the corner, bettors are torn between Jessica Eye and Cynthia Calvillo
| 4 min read
Share
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

Most UFC fans have been outspoken about their lack of excitement for this weekend’s card, even going as far as calling this week’s instalment of UFC Fight Night a disappointment.

Even so, there is money to be made on the card and that means bettors are still jumping at their chance to get in on the action.

Saturday’s co-main event, Eye vs. Calvillo, has split bettors more than any other bout on the card. 51% of the bets are currently on Jessica Eye (-102) while 49% of the wagers have backed Cynthia Calvillo (+120).

The co-main event got off to a rocky start Friday with Eye missing weight by a quarter of a pound. The fight will still go on, but Eye has forfeited 25% of her purse to Calvillo as a result of  the missed weight.

Even though the majority of the bets are on Eye to win, Calvillo has the majority of the money behind her. 57% of the handle is on Calvillo, leaving just 43% of the money on the favorite, Eye.

Unfortunately for the UFC, Eye wasn’t the only fighter to miss weight on Friday. Saturday’s other co-main event between Karl Roberson and Marvin Vettori also suffered a setback when Roberson missed the 185-pound weight limit by 5.5 pounds, weighing in at 190.5.

Because he missed weight, Roberson will be forfeiting 30% of his purse, but the fight is still scheduled to take place.

Bettors seem to anticipate Vettori will make quick work of Roberson (+196). 77% of all bets are on Vettori (-205) and he’s backed by 82% of the handle.

ROI N/A
NCAAFNFLMLBNBANCAABBoxing/MMA
insightpicks

Brian is a sports journalist with close to ten years of experience in the business. A lifelong Philadelphia sports fan with a passion for all things sports gambling.

Expert Handicappers

View all Handicappers
0Betslip

Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.