Odds format
United States

AFC South Odds: Titans Picked by Over 80% of Bettors to Win Division

Bettors have all but given the AFC South title to the Titans
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

The 2020 NFL season had been a bit up in the air for the Tennessee Titans over the past few weeks. Following an outbreak of positive COVID-19 tests, the Titans hadn’t played in over two weeks prior to their game against the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday.

The extended time off meant lots of doubters, but all that doubt was put to rest after a trouncing of the Buffalo Bills this past week. Now, at 4-0 on the season, the Titan’s are the most backed team to win the AFC South this past week.

Tennessee Titans

After a Cinderella run through last year’s postseason, the Titans came into the 2020 season with high expectations. However, there were still doubters outside of Tennessee that weren’t sure what to make of the Titans.

Can Ryan Tannehill really be a franchise QB? Can a run-first offense survive in the modern day NFL? In response, the Titans have started undefeated in 2020 under head coach Mike Vrabel and are in first in the AFC South after five weeks of play.

Tannehill has responded to his critics by completing 68.9% of his passes so far this season, throwing nine touchdowns to one interception and ranking fourth in the NFL in QBR at 82.9.

Derrick Henry continues to run through defences and the emergence of A.J. Brown gives Tennessee a go-to option at wide receiver.

This week’s battle against the 1-4 Texans will be an important one. They can’t have a let down following a big win on a short week, and Deshaun Watson comes in with a 3-1 career record against the Titans.

Get all the latest betting news sent straight to your inbox for FREE - click here to sign-up in seconds

AFC South Champion Betting

At -175, the Tennessee Titans are far and away the pick by oddsmakers to win the AFC South. They are two games up on the Indianapolis Colts in the loss column and are yet to lose.

Their -175 odds mean oddsmakers are implying a 63.6% chance they win the division. Meanwhile, the Colts have the second shortest odds in the AFC South at +175, giving them a 36.4% shot.

The short odds behind the Titans haven’t been enough to scare off bettors. Since their big Tuesday night win over the previously unbeaten Buffalo Bills, 84.21% of all AFC South futures bets have been on them to win.

AFC South Champions Odds

Tennessee Titans -175

Indianapolis Colts +175

Houston Texans +1700

Jacksonville Jaguars +10000


Brian is a sports journalist with close to ten years of experience in the business. A lifelong Philadelphia sports fan with a passion for all things sports gambling.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.