The Players Championship Projected Cut Line: Will Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas Make the Cut?

The Players Championship projected cut line and breakdown of Friday's second round. Will Rory McIlroy or Justin Thomas make the cut at the Players Championship? We don't know yet, but we can look at the projected cut to try and find out.
| 5 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

The Players Championship Projected Cut Line: Will Rory McIlroy, Justin Thomas Make the Cut?

The Players Championship is in full swing as we move onto Friday's Round 2 of TPC Sawgrass. What is the Players Championship projected cut line?

The PGA tour continues to make its way through Florida, as the Players Championship takes place in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida.

What makes the Players Championship unique is the fact that there has never been a player that has won outright twice. There are a handful of previous winners who will be itching to become the first to win twice, including both Rory McIlroy and Justin Thomas.

So, what is the Players Championship cut line? As of right now, it appears as though +1 or +2 will be the cut line after Friday night. So, will Rory Mcllroy or Justin Thomas make the Players Championship cut? Who will make the cut? Let's take a look to try and find out.

Looking to make a bet on the Players Championship? We have over $5,000 in free bets waiting to be claimed by you

Error fetching data.

The Players Championship Projected Cut Line

The cut line for the Players Championship has shifted back to a +2 cut line. There is now a 72.6% chance the cut line is +2 and a 27.4% chance it is +1. With either a +1 cut line or a +2 cut line, Max Homa, Ricky Fowler, Justin Thomas, and Adam Scott would make the cut in either scenario as long as they remain at even par.

Click here for the Players Championship odds

The Players Championship Cut Line - Top Golfer Probability

Justin Thomas - 69.6%

Justin Thomas is currently sitting at +2 right now after playing an up-and-down round in Round 1. During his second hole of Round 1, Thomas recorded an eagle but then double-bogeyed hole 4. After playing two rounds of below-average golf for Justin, he is in a tricky position if the cut line does not move down. Hopefully, the cut line can move to +2, so the 29-year-old star can see the rest of the weekend.

Rory McIlroy - 3.3%

Sitting at +6, Rory Mcllroy started off the Players Championship struggling. Mcllroy teed off at 12:56 p.m. ET, giving him ample opportunity to make the cut. Through his second round, he's +2, keeping him at +6 for the tournament. After recording a bogey at the fifth hole, Rory turned his game around slightly and shaved off one stroke at the seventh hole, and was even through the eighth and ninth holes. However, with how his opponents are playing, it's looking like that won't be enough. With fewer and fewer holes left, he's running out of chances to shave off strokes.

Max Homa - 100%

Max Homa's even as of Friday. After having two successful rounds, Homa's landed himself as a virtual lock with the cut line, moving closer to +2. Because of his fast start on Friday, Max has a 100% chance of making the cut.

Ricky Fowler - 97.5%

Rickly Fowler continues to perform at a high level through Round 2 after a successful Round 1 as well. The fan-favorite teed off at 12:45 p.m. ET and is through 11 holes, sitting 2-under. Fowler's chances of making the cut have increased drastically due to a hot start and a regression from the rest of the pack. The 2015 Players Champions winner will look to have a bounce-back year.

Adam Scott - 82.9%

Adam Scott was head-to-head with Fowler throughout the second round, both sitting at 1-under for the tournament and 1-under for today. However, Fowler shaved off an extra stroke while Scott bumped up to even. After bogeying the 10th, the field started making a handful of birdies, hurting his chances. Playing in the same group as Morikawa and Fowler, Adam's game has to be spot-on for the remaining seven. Although he's on the older side at 42 years old, Scott has won 31 professional tournaments around the world under his belt. This includes winning the 2020 Genesis Invitational. If he continues to play well, Scott should be able to make the cut.

Players Championship Cut Line Odds

Golfer Cut Line Probability
Justin Thomas69.6%
Rory Mcllroy3.3%
Max Homa100%
Ricky Fowler97.5%
Adam Scott82.9%
Error fetching data.


A Sports Writer and Editor for OddsChecker, Abby Moeckler has been covering professional sports since 2020. Abby is passionate about analyzing sports statistics, specifically for the NFL. When she’s not crafting stories and editing content, you can find her cheering on the Packers every Sunday.

Expert Handicappers

View all Handicappers

Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.