2021 Preakness Odds: Medina Spirit Cleared, Post Positions Announced
Most assumed, following a positive drug test for the steroid and anti-inflammatory betamethasone after its Kentucky Derby win, that Medina Spirit would be barred from competing at the 2021 Preakness Stakes. But, in a somewhat surprising move, Medina Spirit was announced as the favorite, according to the 2021 Preakness odds when post position draws were announced for the race on Tuesday.
Bob Baffert, Medina Spirit’s trainer and the most successful horse trainer in the world, claimed on Tuesday that the horse’s positive drug test could be traced back to an ointment that was applied to the horse prior to its running of the 2021 Kentucky Derby.
The Maryland Racing Commission, which oversees drug testing for the horses prior to and after the Preakness, announced it has agreed with Baffert on rigorous testing and monitoring of Medina Spirit as a condition to allow the horse to race in Saturday’s 146th Preakness Stakes.
Whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant at this point. Medina Spirit is running in the Preakness. The 2021 Preakness odds are out and Medina Spirit is the favorite to win. So, let’s take a look at the 10-horse field for this year’s Preakness Stakes.
2021 Preakness Odds
The 2021 Preakness odds and post positions are official and Medina Spirit leads the way as a 9/5 favorite as of Tuesday. The second favorite is another Bob Baffert horse in Concert Tour.
Concert Tour didn’t run in the Kentucky Derby, but many believe it could challenge Medina Spirit’s quest for a Triple Crown. Concert Tour is 5/2, according to the 2021 Preakness odds.
Then, there is a pretty large deal of space between the top two horses and the rest of the pack, according to Preakness odds. The third favorite in the 10-horse field is Midnight Bourbon, coming in at 5/1.
|Post Position||Horse||Preakness Odds|
|7||France Go De Ina||20/1|
How to bet on the Preakness with TVG
So, now that we know Medina Spirit will be running in Saturday’s 2021 Preakness Stakes, it’s time to start thinking about who you should bet on.
And right now, at TVG, you can get a completely risk free $300 bet to use on the Preakness using the 2021 Preakness odds you see above.
Here’s how you can claim our TVG promo code, and get a huge Preakness Stakes promo.
1. Open a TVG account using this exclusive offer button below
2. Once you’ve clicked on the TVG promotional offer above, you will be taken to their landing page
3. On this page fill out your details, and enter the exclusive TVG promo code “RISKFREE300”
4. Once you’ve entered the TVG promo code you’ll need to deposit – remember with the promo code you get a $300 Risk-Free bet, so we recommend depositing between $100 to $300 to get the most out of the promo code.
5. Once you’ve deposited into your TVG betting account you’ll need to place your first single horse win-type bet. Remember with the TVG promo code you will get $300 back in bonus if you don’t win.
It’s that easy! Just five simple steps sit between you and a $300 risk-free bet with TVG for the 2021 Preakness Stakes.