Odds format
United States

Emmy Award Odds: Ted Lasso Has 90% Chance To Win Outstanding Comedy Series

The latest Emmy Awards odds have Ted Lasso, starring Jason Sudeikis, as the overwhelming favorite to win the award for Outstanding Comedy Series
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

Emmy Award Odds: Ted Lasso Has 90% Chance To Win Outstanding Comedy Series

Apple TV series Ted Lasso, starring Jason Sudeikis has quickly become one of the most popular shows in the world. And on Sunday night, it looks like an almost forgone conclusion that Ted Lasso will win the award for Outstanding Comedy Series as the Emmys.

Right now, it isn’t legal to bet on Emmy odds in the United States. But, across the pond in the UK you are able to bet on the television awards show, and it’s looking quite good for Sudeikis and the rest of the Ted Lasso crew.

The show is in just its second season but features big names like Hannah Waddingham and Juno Temple alongside Sudeikis.

Ted Lasso is about a Division II football coach that is hired to coach a Premier League soccer team. It starts as a joke by the team’s owner, played by Waddingham, in order to embarrass her ex-husband. But, Lasso’s managerial style and personality quickly wins over the front office and the players, leading to big laughs and a compelling storyline.

So, it’s easy to see why the latest Emmy odds have Ted Lasso as the overwhelming favorite to take home the award for Outstanding Comedy Series on Sunday night.

For the latest sportsbook promos available in your state, click here

When are the 2021 Primetime Emmy Awards?

Date: Sunday, September 19

Time: 8:00 PM ET

Venue: L.A. Live Event Deck

Channel: CBS

Stream: Paramount +

Emmy Odds: Outstanding Comedy Series

It’s often tough to predict which shows or which actors and actresses will walk away from the Emmy Awards with the hardware. But, this year’s Outstanding Comedy Series category seems like an open-and-shut case, according to the latest Emmy odds.

UK sportsbook Paddy Power has priced up the Emmy odds for Outstanding Comedy Series, ad Ted Lasso leads the way at -900 to take home the award. At -900, that implies a 90% chance.

The next favorite, if you can call it a favorite, is Hacks, which sits at +900. The Flight Attendant, starring Kaley Cuoco, is next at +1200, followed by The Kominsky Method at +1600.

The 90% implied probability for Ted Lass to win the Emmy is a far way out in front of the 10% chance that Hacks has.

ShowEmmy OddsImplied Probability
Ted Lasso-90090%
Flight Attendant+12007.7%
The Kominsky Method+16005.9%
Emily In Paris+30003.2%
Cobra Kai+30003.2%

How to Bet on the Emmy Awards

Like we mentioned, you still can’t bet on the Emmy Awards. But, DraftKings has the next best thing when it comes to winning money on them.

Right now at DraftKings, you can enter their completely free-to-play game for Sunday’s Emmy Awards. All you need to do is answer 10 questions. If you get them all right, you win your share of the $1,000 grand prize!

All you need to do is:

1. Sign up for DraftKings using the exclusive offer button below

2. Go to DraftKings “Free Pools” section

3. Find the Free $1K TV Awards Pool

4. Answer all 10 questions

5. Win your share of $1,000


Brian is a sports journalist with close to ten years of experience in the business. A lifelong Philadelphia sports fan with a passion for all things sports gambling.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.