Odds format
United States

2020 US Election Odds: Joe Biden Expected To Defeat Donald Trump In Presidential Election Debate

Online bookmakers predict Joe Biden will win the opening presidential election debate in Cleveland.
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

2020 US Presidential Election Odds 

Joe Biden has completed another week as favorite to win the 2020 US election, however, the betting market remains pretty undecided as we edge closer to the presidential election debates. 

There's really not much in Joe Biden's and Donald Trump's 2020 US election odds, the betting market implies that Joe Biden has a 54.5% chance of winning the election, whereas Donald Trump's odds indicate he has a 47.6% chance of winning. 

2020 US Election Odds

1UK OddsUS OddsImplied Probability
Joe Biden5/6-12054.5%
Donald Trump11/10+11047.6%

Presidential Election Debate Odds

The upcoming debates will have a significant role to play in the November election, and they'll certainly cause major movements in the undecided US election betting market. The first of the three scheduled debates will take place in Cleveland on 29 September. 

Online bookmakers installed Joe Biden as the favorite to win the opening debate earlier in the month, and his odds have since been slashed even shorter since. Currently, Joe Biden's odds imply he's got a massive 67% of winning the Cleveland debate, whereas, Donald Trump's odds imply just a 40% chance of being victorious. 

First Presidential Election Debate Odds

1UK OddsUS OddsImplied Probability
Joe Biden1/2-20066.7%
Donald Trump6/4+15040%

The betting market will be settled on CNN snap poll result.

We reported a couple of weeks ago that online bettors were siding with Donald Trump ahead of the opening debate, however, this has all changed. From the 1st September to the 8th September, 84% of bets placed in the first presidential debate betting market has been on Donald Trump. However, in the past week, only 43% of bets in the market have been on Trump, with the other 57% of bets being wagered on Joe Biden. 

Despite online bettors being extremely keen on Joe Biden winning the first debate, they are less bullish on his 2020 US election chances. In the past week, only 39% of all US election wagers have been placed on Joe Biden. Donald Trump has been the most wagered candidate in the market, accounting for 52% of all bets placed. 

How can you bet on the US election? 

In short, if you are based in the US you can't legally bet on the 2020 US election. However, Online sports betting is legal in many states. See which bookmakers you can bet within your state here. All the data we use for our political articles is from our UK website which has millions of users each month checking odds.

As mentioned, online betting is legal in many states in the US and with the NFL season in full-swing it’s a great time to sign-up to our FREE mailing list to get all the latest betting insight.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.