Odds format
United States

2020 US Presidential Election Odds: Trump And Biden Close In Battle For Florida

The Republicans marginally lead the betting for Florida despite constant change over the past few months
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

2020 Presidential Election Betting Breakdown

We're just five days away from the Presidential Election and the nation is set to choose between another four years of Republican Donald Trump or to vote in Joe Biden, the Democratic nominee.

There are a number of key swing states which will be key to deciding this election. Alongside Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisonsin and Arizona there is Florida, which is set to be a crucial state in the battle for the White House.

The odds have changed multiple times over the past few months as the betting markets have responded to large bets in addition to breaking news.

Legal oddsmakers in the UK, where betting on the election is allowed, are taking millions of dollars in bets with Florida one of the key betting markets when it comes to states.

Who Will Win Florida in the 2020 Presidential Election?

With Less than a week to go before Election Day 2020, oddsmakers in the UK believe that the state will be red come election night, but the battle is so close and could yet still change.

Florida is currently a republican state, having gone red in 2016 after two Democratic terms, and yet again it looks crucial in deciding the election this time around. It is believed that Florida determined the outcome of the 2000 election and it could well happen again.

As of Thursday, Donald Trump sits at -120 to win Florida, a state he only won in 2016 by 32,000 votes. Those odds represent a whopping 54.5% implied probability that the President wins the state again.

Meanwhile, at +110, Biden has a 47.6% chance of winning the state and turning it blue for the first time since Barack Obama's tenure.

Donald Trump has taken the lion's share of the money when it comes to betting though. Over the past seven days Trump has taken 60.06% of all bets on the market, leaving Joe Biden with just 39.94% of bets.

Get all the latest 2020 Presidential Election betting news sent straight to your inbox for FREE - click here to sign-up in seconds

Odds to Win Florida in the 2020 Presidential Election

CandidateOdds to Win IndianaImplied ProbabilityPublic Betting %
Donald Trump-12054.5%60.06%
Joe Biden+11047.6%39.94%

*The public betting of the past 7 days

2020 Presidential Election: Play FanDuel's free Bet The Ballot game

We have some fantastic news, our good friends FanDuel have launched 'Bet The Ballot' a free to play game, with $50,000 in total payouts, based around the upcoming election.

Despite online gambling now being legal in various states, online sportsbooks aren't taking bets on the 2020 Presidential election, so these free to play games are the closest way to legally win money on the election.

It's so simple to play.

1) Sign up to FanDuel

2) Recieve 1,000 tokens to use on Bet The Ballot

3) Wager at least 1 token on each of 17 of the questions

4) Watch the results roll in on Election Day and potentially win your share of the $50,000 prize pool

Even though you can’t bet on political, there are various sportsbooks taking wagers on all your favorite sports. Click here to check out the various bonuses and offers available for the biggest US sportsbooks.

It’s not just sportsbooks which are now online, you can play all our favorite casino games online with companies like BetMGMClick here to see the best online casinos.

A lifelong football and basketball fan with years of experience in the sports gambling industry, Sam is known for his incredibly deep knowledge of all things NFL and NBA.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.