The Houston Astros ensured they would not slip to 3-0 in the series, with a massive result in Game 3. Now they get Patrick Corbin in their sites as they attempt to level it up at 2-2.
Here are Today’s MLB Picks:
Houston Astros @ Washington Nationals
1u – Houston Astros ML @ +104
- The Houston Astros rank among the best in the league against left-handed pitchers this season
- Patrick Corbin is 1-2 with a 6.91 ERA in the post season
The Washington Nationals will have been desperate to get to this game up 3-0, because the Houston Astros have absolutely dominated opposing left-handed pitchers this season. Against lefties this season the Astros have a 131 wRC+ (100 is average), which ranks best in the league. In fact, they rank top-five in the league in most statistics when facing left-handed pitchers.
0.5u – Jose Altuve to hit a HR @ +360
- Altuve averaged a home run ever 13 PA against left-handed pitchers this season
- Altuve has hit five home runs already in the post season, but has yet to hit one in this series
This is one to be cautious about because the weather is not supportive of home runs for a hitter of Altuve’s stature. However, Altuve has been raking against lefties this season, with 11 home runs and a magnificent .346 ISO. He has cleared the fences numerous times in this postseason, leading the team with five. Altuve is the heart and soul of this Astros team and these odds feel a little on the long side for a guy with such good numbers against lefties this season.
1u – Houston Astros Over 3.5 Runs @ -138
- Patrick Corbin allowed four earned runs in five innings in his last start at home in the post season
- Corbin finished with a 3.78 ERA in September and has then struggled with a duel role in the post season
The Astros have now scored four runs in two games this series and they get a chance once again with a left-handed pitcher on the mound. Individually so many players have excelled against lefties this season and it should result in a good day for the Astros as they seek to get back to 2-2.