Game 3 Picks: Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Clippers Prediction
The Clippers are in a do or die situation, which of course means they’ll be at their best. Read on to see my best bets and Suns vs Clippers prediction for game 3.
Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Clippers Prediction
Here’s the bad news for LA, in no particular order:
- They just lost a game in one of the most heartbreaking ways you could imagine, on a play that might not be executed as well as it was 99 times out of 100.
- Eight seconds before that play, Paul George had a chance to give the Clippers a 3-point lead from the free throw line…and missed both
- Chris Paul is coming back for the Suns
- Kawhi Leonard remains out for the Clippers
Add it all up, and there’s really no good reason to believe that LA can come back and make this a series, even if they are at home.
And sure enough, they aren’t favored in this game, but they might as well be, at least if the thought is to pick them. Phoenix is a mere one-point fave, which means that if LA doesn’t win the game, the final margin almost certainly won’t matter.
Is it possible the Clippers have simply run out of gas? After scoring at will to the tune of 132, 118, 119 and 131 in their four straight wins to close out the series against Utah, Los Angeles has been held to 114 and 103 in the first two games here. The Suns are better suited to limit the Clips attack with a far stronger group of perimeter defenders than the Jazz could muster.
But despite that, both of these games were close, with a total of seven points separating the teams over both games. Phoenix has shot at least 50 percent in each game as well, and LA hasn’t given up over 50 percent shooting in three straight games they were actually trying to win all season (we’re not counting the end of season tank-job for playoff seeding).
Somehow, some way, the Clips will show up here. Ty Lue has only lost three straight playoff games twice, both against the Golden State super teams in the Finals. This Suns team isn’t on that level, and Lue will have his squad ready to go. They’ll find a way.
Phoenix Suns vs. Los Angeles Clippers Prediction: Clippers +1
Now that you've made your Suns vs Clippers prediction, it's time to make some cash! DraftKings Sportsbook are offering all new users the chance to Bet $1 on any NBA game and win $100 if the team you bet wins! That’s 100/1 odds! Here’s how to claim:
1. Click the exclusive link below to qualify for DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $1, Win $100 promo
2. This link will take you to a DraftKings landing page where you will need register your details (takes two minutes)
3. Deposit into your new DraftKings Sportsbook account
4. Bet $1+ on any NBA Money Line
5. That's it, if your team wins you'll be credited with $100