NBA Player Prop Picks for Monday: Robinson Can Score (Kind Of)

John Hyslop shares his favorite play from the New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets matchup. He's all over Mitchell Robinson
| 4 min read
Share
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

NBA Player Prop Picks for Monday: Robinson Can Score (Kind Of)

It's Martin Luther King Day so that means we have the NBA on all day. It actually means more than that but for the sake of this article, let's just say we can bet basketball all day. That is a great feeling. In order to bet basketball all day, we'll have to get action down on at least one early game. That's how betting basketball all day works. Lucky for us, I found the perfect move at the perfect price for the 1:00pm ET game between the Charlotte Hornets and New York Knicks. I almost bragged it was so good but then I decided not to. That's class people.

Click Here For Knicks vs Hornets Odds

 logo
Bet $5, Win $100 on the NBA in Virginia
  • Bet $5, Get $100
  • Promo Code WIN100
  • Virginia Sports Betting Exclusive

Claim Your $100 Now
T&Cs
DraftKings logo
Bet $5, Get $150 on the NBA Playoffs
  • NBA Playoff Exclusive
  • 30/1 odds
  • Boosted odds on your team winning!

Claim Your $150 Now
T&Cs
Fanduel logo
$1000 Risk Free Bet
  • Register for a new FanDuel account
  • Deposit up to $1000
  • Get your first deposit matched

Claim Your Risk-Free $1000
New Customers OnlyT&Cs
BetMGM logo
Bet $10, Win $200 If There's A 3-Pointer
  • Deposit $10 into your new BetMGM account
  • Bet $10 on any NBA Moneyline
  • Get $200 if your team scores a three

Claim Your $200 Now
New Customers OnlyT&Cs
Caesars Sportsbook logo
$1100 First Bet Insurance
  • Open a new Caesars Sportsbook account
  • Deposit up to $1100
  • Get your wager insured 100%

Claim Your Insured $1100
New Customers OnlyT&Cs
Unibet New Jersey logo
$250 Risk Free Bet
  • Claim A $250 Risk Free Bet
  • Use On Any Sport
  • New Customers Only

Claim Your $250 Now
T&Cs

Mitchell Robinson Over 9.5 Points (-114) (Bet $114 to win $100)

Line available at FanDuel at time of publishing

We're at FanDuel for this one since they have -114. We could go across the street to DraftKings or BetMGM and get 9.5 at -120 too so we have options. The only option we don't have is Barstool since they still don't have a number and we're not far from game time.

Let me tell you a little bit about Mitchell Robinson, he's a dunker. I don't care who you are, if he wants to dunk on you, he can and will. It's just how he operates. The guy scores 85% of his points in the paint and the other 15% from the free throw line. He's a "get some" guy that's always looking to abuse the other team's big man.

Abusing people has been going well for Robinson lately since he's hit double digits in points in each of his last four games. At home, on the road, it doesn't matter. The guy almost put up 20 on the Mavericks so his ceiling is not bad either for you James Bond guys.

Today he gets the Charlotte Hornets that would have a hard time defending WNBA players (no offense ladies) down low. They just gave up 60 points in the paint in their last game. In fact, no team in the NBA gives up more points to opposing centers on a per game basis. We only need Mitchell to dunk the ball five times people. He can do that.

Caesars Sportsbook logo
$1100 First Bet Insurance
  • Open a new Caesars Sportsbook account
  • Deposit up to $1100
  • Get your wager insured 100%

Claim Your Insured $1100
New Customers OnlyT&Cs
Fanduel logo
$1000 Risk Free Bet
  • Register for a new FanDuel account
  • Deposit up to $1000
  • Get your first deposit matched

Claim Your Risk-Free $1000
New Customers OnlyT&Cs
BetMGM logo
Bet $10, Win $200 If There's A 3-Pointer
  • Deposit $10 into your new BetMGM account
  • Bet $10 on any NBA Moneyline
  • Get $200 if your team scores a three

Claim Your $200 Now
New Customers OnlyT&Cs
DraftKings logo
Bet $5, Win $200 on the MLB
  • Deposit $5 into your new DraftKings account
  • Bet on any MLB Moneyline
  • Get $200 if your team wins

Claim Now
New Customers OnlyT&Cs

ROI 27%
NFLNBAMLBNCAAB
insightpicks

John has spent the past 20+ years betting sports on a daily basis and is considered by many to be a walking sports betting encyclopedia. From obscure player props to sides and totals, if there is an angle, John will find it. His work has appeared on Rotogrinders and he has been a regular on sports talk radio stations across the country. Based in the US, John operates a blog & podcast, Sports Bets Beers, which covers betting angles in the NFL, NBA, MLB, & NHL.

Expert Handicappers

View all Handicappers
0Betslip

Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.