Butler Bulldogs vs. Villanova Wildcats: Picks, Predictions & Odds
In Monday’s College basketball action, Oscar Tshiebwe finished with 13 points, 11 rebounds and two steals and Derek Culver added 13 points, eight rebounds, two assists and two steals for No. 14 West Virginia in their 97-59 victory over Texas.
For NC State, DJ Funderburk had 14 points and five rebounds in a 53-51 win over Virginia.
Here’s a look at today’s NCAA games:
BET OF THE DAY:
- Villanova has won 49 of its last 51 night games at Finneran Pavilion.
- The Wildcats have won the first half in each of their last eight games at this venue. (Stats courtesy of Statschecker)
No. 9 Villanova and No. 13 Butler will square off in a Big East matchup on Tuesday.
The Wildcats will look for their fifth straight victory.
In their last 10 games, Villanova has limited its opponents to 63.2 points.
The Wildcats held UConn to 2-for-15 shooting from beyond-the-arc in a 61-55 victory on Saturday.
Jermaine Samuels led Villanova with 19 points, five rebounds and three steals. Over their last nine games, he is averaging north of 13 points per contest.
In games decided by 10 points or less, the Wildcats are a perfect 8-0 this season.
I say Villanova wins this game by 7 points so take the Wildcats minus the 4 points in this matchup.
2u – Villanova (-4) @ -110
- Kansas has won 26 of its last 27 games at Allen Fieldhouse.
- The Jayhawks have won the first half in each of their last eight night games.
- Since the 2014-15 college basketball season, Kansas has a 162-40 record. (Stats courtesy of Statschecker)
The Kansas Jayhawks are coming off back-to-back victories over Oklahoma and Texas.
In their latest win over the Longhorns, Devon Dotson had 21 points, six rebounds and three assists in a 66-57 win. Marcus Garrett added 13 points, seven boards and seven assists.
Kansas is allowing 56.2 points and 35.6 percent shooting, which is one of the best in Big 12 play.
The Jayhawks had a 26-game winning streak before falling on Jan. 11 to Baylor.
Look for Kansas to re-establish itself at home and ultimately come out with the win.
Take the Jayhawks minus the 15 points in a rout of Kansas State.
1u – Kansas (-15) @ -110
- Kentucky has won each of its last 13 games against Georgia.
- The Wildcats have the first half in each of their last nine games at Rupp Arena. (Stats courtesy of Statschecker)
The Kentucky Wildcats will look to win consecutive games after falling to South Carolina last Wednesday.
In their latest win over Arkansas, Nick Richards had 17 points and nine rebounds and Ashton Hagans contributed 13 points, six rebounds and six assists in a 73-66 victory over the Razorbacks.
Kentucky and Georgia already had one matchup back on Jan. 7, and of course the Wildcats prevailed.
Richards had 17 points and seven boards and Tyrese Maxey added 17 points, seven rebounds, eight assists and four blocks in a 78-69 win.
Look for Kentucky to duplicate its performance on Tuesday with a significant win.
Take the Wildcats minus the 11.5 points here.
1u – Kentucky (-11.5) @ -110