In Monday’s College basketball games, Luka Garza finished with 21 points, 18 rebounds and three blocks for No. 18 Iowa in a 68-62 victory over Wisconsin. CJ Fredrick added 17 points and three boards in the win.
For North Carolina, Garrison Brooks had 25 points, 11 rebounds and three assists in a 75-65 win over NC State. Armando Bacot added 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels in the victory.
Here are Today’s College Basketball Picks:
BET OF THE DAY:
No. 8 Villanova @ St. John’s
- Villanova has won each of its last nine night games at Madison Square Garden.
- The Wildcats have won the first half in seven of their last eight night games at MSG.
- Villanova has a 28-12 record when playing as an away team since the 2015-16 season. (Stats courtesy of Statschecker)
No. 8 Villanova enters this matchup having won six games in a row.
Collin Gillespie finished with 18 points, eight rebounds and five assists for the Wildcats in a 64-60 victory over Providence on Saturday. Saddiq Bey added 13 points and nine boards.
The Red Storm of St. John’s have won two of their last three games against the Wildcats, so I do expect Villanova to bounce back in this game at MSG.
Roll with Villanova minus the 2 points in this matchup.
2u – Villanova (-2) @ -110
No. 5 Florida State @ Virginia
- Virginia has won each of its last 20 Tuesday games at John Paul Jones Arena.
- The Cavaliers have won the first half in 41 of their 46 games at the arena.
- Virginia has a 236-64 record since the 2011-12 season. (Stat courtesy of Statschecker)
Virginia will look to win consecutive games when it hosts No. 5 Florida State.
Tomas Woldetensae finished with 21 points and six rebounds for the Cavaliers in a 65-63 victory over Wake Forest in overtime on Sunday. Mamadi Diakite added 16 points and seven rebounds.
The victory over Wake Forest was the second in six games for the defending national champions.
When Florida State and Virginia played two weeks ago, the Seminoles put together a 10-3 run late in the game to come out with a 54-50 win.
Look for the Cavaliers to bounce back in this matchup at home. Take Virginia minus 1 point here.
1u – Virginia (-1) @ -110
Purdue @ No. 25 Rutgers
- Rutgers has won each of its last 14 games at the Louis Brown Athletic Center.
- The Scarlet Knights have won the second half in each of their last seven night games at their home arena. (Stats courtesy of Statschecker)
No. 25 Rutgers looks to stay perfect at home this season in this game against Purdue.
On Saturday against Nebraska, the Scarlet Knights improved to 14-0. Akwasi Yeboah finished with 20 points and seven rebounds and Caleb McConnell added 12 points, four rebounds, three assists and two steals in a 75-72 win.
The Scarlet Knights are 1-12 all-time against the Boilermakers and they have an 0-8 record against Purdue since joining the Big 10.
But with that said, Rutgers is the pick in this matchup. Take the Scarlet Knights minus the 3.5 points here.
1u – Rutgers (-3.5) @ -110
By Dan Canova