In Wednesday’s College basketball games, Sean McDermott finished with 21 points and eight rebounds for No. 19 Butler in a 79-76 victory over No. 10 Villanova. Kamar Baldwin added 17 points, eight boards and three assists for the Bulldogs in the win.
For No. 13 West Virginia, Oscar Tshiebwe had 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Jermaine Haley contributed 11 points, seven boards and five assists for the Mountaineers in a 76-61 win over Iowa State.
Here are Today’s College Basketball Picks:
BET OF THE DAY
James Madison Dukes @ Drexel Dragons, 7:00 PM
- Drexel has won the second half in 13 of its last 14 night games at its home arena.
- The Dragons have won each of their last six games on their home court after a road loss.
- Drexel has an 11-3 record as a home team coming off four days of rest since 2016-17. (Stat courtesy of Statschecker)
Drexel will look to put an end to a three-game losing streak in this matchup, all of which came on the road. James Butler finished with 18 points, 16 rebounds and three assists for the Dragons in an 80-72 loss to Delaware.
Camren Wynter led Drexel with a team-high 22 points.
Back on Jan. 11, Drexel squared off with James Madison in their first matchup of the season. Wynter had 17 points, which included seven successful free throw attempts in the final 30 seconds of the game to help lift the Dragons to a 78-71 win over the Dukes.
Look for Drexel to duplicate its performance at home in this one. Take the Dragons minus the six points.
2u – Drexel (-6) @ -110
Texas State Bobcats @ Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, 7:00 PM
- Coastal Carolina has a 53-24 record in night games at its home arena since the 2013-14 college basketball season.
- The Chanticleers have won the second half in 10 of their last 11 night games at home. (Stat courtesy of Statschecker)
Coastal Carolina was on a four-game losing streak before winning its most recent game against Arkansas State on Saturday. Tyrell Gumbs-Frater finished with a team-high 24 points to go with five rebounds and two assists for the Chanticleers in an 83-77 win over the Red Wolves.
DeVante Jones added 20 points, eight assists and four rebounds for Coastal Carolina.
Coastal Carolina squared off with Texas State back on Jan. 9. Jones had 18 points, 10 boards and three assists, and Keishawn Brewton chipped in 16 points for the Chanticleers in a 78-66 loss to the Bobcats.
Nijal Pearson led Texas State with 29 points, five assists, four boards and four steals in the win.
Now on its home floor, I think Coastal Carolina has a great chance at rebounding in this one.
Take the Chanticleers plus the two points in this matchup.
1u – Coastal Carolina (+2) @ -110
Murray State Racers @ Belmont Bruins, 7:30 PM
- Murray State has a 67-41 record as an away team in night games since the 2011-12 college basketball season. (Stat courtesy of Statschecker)
Murray State is on an absolute tear as of late. The Racers are winners of 11 straight games, including a recent victory over SIU-Edwardsville on Feb 1. KJ Williams led the way with 20 points, 15 rebounds and three blocks, and Anthony Smith added nine points and 12 boards for Murray State in a 74-55 win.
Belmont is on a two-game winning streak of its own, but the Racers are just on a roll.
Take Murray State plus the six points in this matchup.
1u – Murray State (+6) @ -110