In Thursday’s NHL action, Patrice Bergeron scored one goal, and Karson Kuhlman and David Pastrnak had two assists each for the Boston Bruins in a 4-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Goalkeeper Jaroslav Halak had 29 saves for Boston.
For the New York Rangers, Chris Kreider had one goal, and goaltender Alexandar Georgiev came away with 38 saves in a 3-2 win over the New York Islanders.
Here are Today’s NHL Picks:
BET OF THE DAY:
Pittsburgh Penguins @ Detroit Red Wings
- Since the 2015-16 NHL season, the Detroit Red Wings have a 5-8 against the spread record against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- The Red Wings also have a 63-83 against the spread record after a loss playing as a home team since the 2010-11 season. (Stat courtesy of Statschecker)
The Pittsburgh Penguins enter this matchup against the Detroit Red Wings coming off a tough loss to the Boston Bruins on Thursday night. Prior to that, the Penguins were on a four-game winning streak with key victories over the Vegas Golden Knights and Arizona Coyotes.
In the 4-1 loss to the Bruins, Sidney Crosby scored the lone goal of the game for Pittsburgh.
In this upcoming matchup, the Penguins, who are currently the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference, will take on the bottom of the barrel in the Detroit Red Wings. Coming off a loss, this game is a lock. Take the Penguins minus the one goal on the road.
2u – Penguins (-1) @ +100
Anaheim Ducks @ Carolina Hurricanes
- The Carolina Hurricanes have a 27-17-2 overall record so far this season, but they have a 21-25 against the spread record. (Stat courtesy of Statschecker)
The Anaheim Ducks put an end to a four-game losing streak on Thursday night. Josh Manson, Adam Henrique, Rickard Rakell and Derek Grant all scored one goal each for the Ducks in an impressive 4-2 win over the Nashville Predators.
The Ducks and Hurricanes squared off back on Oct. 18. Henrique and Troy Terry scored one goal apiece, and goaltender Ryan Miller came away with 22 saves in net for Anaheim in a 4-2 road victory over the Hurricanes.
Look for the Ducks to head on the road and duplicate their performance from earlier this season. Take Anaheim plus the one goal in this matchup.
1u – Ducks (+1) @ +140
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Winnipeg Jets
- Since the 2015-16 NHL season, the Winnipeg Jets have a 7-2 against the spread record against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- The Jets have a 53-37 against the spread record in games played in January since the 2012-13 season. (Stat courtesy of Statschecker)
The Winnipeg Jets will look to win back-to-back games when they face off against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday night.
Kyle Connor finished with two goals and one assist for the Jets in a 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night, which snapped a six-game losing streak on their home ice. Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck had 41 saves in net to preserve the shutout win.
There’s no doubt that the Jets will have their work cut out for them, but a victory at home is very possible here. I love Winnipeg plus the one goal at home.
1u – Jets (+1) @ -192
By Dan Canova