The former Bournemouth manager is being tipped for the Celtic job as pressure mounts on Neil Lennon.
- Eddie Howe was cut to clear favourite to be the next Celtic manager early last week.
- 62% of bets have backed the former Bournemouth boss
- Celtic boss Neil Lennon is under significant pressure with his team trailing Rangers in the Scottish Premiership and having been knocked out of their Europa League group.
Next Celtic manager odds: Eddie Howe backed into 1/5 favourite to replace Neil Lennon
Eddie Howe’s position as the clear favourite to be named next permanent Celtic manager has been further strengthened, following a flurry of betting activity.
In the last 48 hours, 62% of all bets in the market have backed Howe to be named as Neil Lennon’s successor, sending his price tumbling.
British bookmakers have now cut odds on the appointment from 11/10 into 1/5 at the time of writing.
In percentages, that’s an estimated 83% chance given by bookmakers that Howe will be next in the Parkhead dug-out.
- Huge range of regular promotions
- 24/7 live chat service
- PickYourPunt builder for custom bets
Who are the other contenders?
Hibs manager Jack Ross is the second favourite with most firms offering odds, although is a lengthy price at 10/1.
Oddschecker spokesperson Callum Wilson: “Neil Lennon’s bizarre press conference yesterday resulted in a spike in traffic to the next Celtic manager market, with Eddie Howe easily the most backed.
“All bookies offering odds on the market have now installed Howe as the odds-on favourite, with some implying an 83% chance that Howe gets the gig at Celtic.”
Next Celtic manager odds:
- Eddie Howe - 1/5
- Jack Ross - 10/1
- Martin O'Neill - 12/1
- John Kennedy - 14/1
- Gordon Strachan - 16/1
- Slaven Bilic -16/1
- Dan Petrescu -18/1
- Roy Keane - 18/1
- Damien Duff - 22/1
- Henrik Larsson – 25/1