Nuno and Jose start to feel the heat after recent defeats, while the pressure cools on Steve Bruce following Newcastle’s timely win against Everton.
- Nuno was priced at 20/1 before the weekend began, but is now the bookies’ favourite at 7/4.
- Tottenham suffered another loss yesterday to Graham Potter’s Brighton, and this has put real pressure on boss Jose Mourinho who was 33/1 yesterday but has been cut to 9/1 since.
- Steve Bruce was priced at 4/5 before last weekend’s game, but now is a best price of 5/2 to leave next.
Next Premier League manager to be sacked odds: Nuno shortens into 7/4 favourite
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Nuno Espirito Santo is now the bookies’ favourite to be sacked next, with the 47-year-old’s odds clashed from 20/1 to 7/4.
Pressure has been building on the Wolves manager for some time, with their last league win coming on December 15th against Chelsea. Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace is a timely reminder of how much they have missed their star striker Raul Jimenez.
Wolves are now eight Premier League matches without a win, but their progression in the FA Cup will be keeping a little heat off their Portuguese manager.
- Huge range of regular promotions
- 24/7 live chat service
- PickYourPunt builder for custom bets
Jose Mourinho to leave next? Spurs manager sees his odds slashed
Another manager feeling the pressure this morning is Spurs’ Jose Mourinho, after suffering back-to-back losses last week against Liverpool and Brighton. Before yesterday’s defeat on the south coast, Jose was as long as 33/1 to go next, but the has come in significantly to 9/1.
Tottenham, who started of the season brightly, are now 11 points off the title and six point adrift of the top four.
The North Londoners have a tough run of games in the coming weeks. With Chelsea their next opponents and Everton and Man City on the horizon, you can only predict more pressure building on the former-Manchester United and Chelsea man. This will likely be exacerbated by the injury to talismanic striker Harry Kane, with no return date set.
Next Premier League Manager to leave odds:
- Nuno Espirito Santo - 7/4
- Steve Bruce - 5/2
- Roy Hodgson - 5/1
- Sam Allardyce - 6/1
- Josh Mourinho - 9/1
- Chris Wilder - 10/1
- Live streams every day
- Wide range of markets
- Competitive odds