Tote’s ‘season long fantasy bet’ is back - new and improved for the 2020 Flat Season.
After the successful re-launch of Tote’s Ten to Follow game for the National Hunt season, which saw one skilful punter win a huge £177,000 1st place prize fund, Tote’s ‘season long fantasy bet’ is back - new and improved for the 2020 Flat Season.
What is Ten to Follow and how does it work?
Ten to Follow is a racing fantasy game, where players enter stables of 10 horses whose real life performances earn them points across the flat season; much akin to Fantasy Football. A £100,000 prize pot is guaranteed as a minimum, with 70% of the eventual pot going to the player whose stable accrues the most points across the season.
Each stable costs £5 to enter and with each stable entry, the prize pot increases. Players can enter as many paid stables as they wish (or one free stable), allowing them to cover numerous horses in the big and small races across the season.
The scoring system divvies up points based on the quality of respective races, with Group 1 winners earning 25 points, Group 2 winners 20 points and so on. Every UK and Irish race between the tournament start and end will qualify for points. Points are also awarded from the returns of a £1 each way bet on the Tote for each race, rewarding players who are able to forecast the biggest priced winners across the campaign. Finally, there are 25 bonus races where an additional 25 points is available for a win and 12 for a runner up. These include:
- 7 races at this year’s Royal Ascot meeting
- The Irish and Investec Derby and Investec Oaks
- The Coral Eclipse, King George and July Cup
- Races at Glorious Goodwood, York, and Ayr
- The St Leger
- Races at British and Irish Champions Day
- The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
For any racing fan – this is as about as close to being a racehorse owner as it gets and is a whole lot of fun to play, too.
- In-depth football stats
- Multiple deposit methods
- Licensed by UK Gambling Commission
When and how can I enter my stable?
The competition is now open and will close at 11am on 16th June, the morning of this year’s bumper 36 race Royal Ascot meeting. Scoring closes on 17th October when the winner will be decided, whilst there will be four monthly prizes of £10,000 from June-September for the highest scoring stable that month giving each player even more opportunities to win!
You can enter your stable now and if you sign up with Tote, you will also earn a £10 risk free bet on your first pools bet.
New and Improved for the Flat Season
Those old-hands who have enjoyed playing Ten to Follow before will be familiar with the game which has had a revamp since the National Hunt version earlier this year.
Changes include rewards for the earliest entries, the ability to create your own racing silks, the ability to create stable permutations with ‘Pro Mode’ and the ability to create and enter private leagues with your friends, family and colleagues.
Top tips for picking your Ten to Follow Stable
With a huge amount of horses to choose from and many with likeable, point-scoring characteristics, we’ve compiled a quick list of top tips for picking a successful stable:
- Bonus races are key: Pick hardy, reliable horses who are likely to compete in plenty of bonus contests
- Don’t neglect the handicappers: With four bonus races being handicaps, there are plenty of bonus points to be picked up by these horses. Progressive 45 year old sprinters rated 100-105 who can potentially bridge the gap to group class later in the season is a sweet-spot in our eyes as a starter for ten.
- Lightly raced horses are worth a punt: Identifying unexposed horses is a cornerstone to successful punting on the flat and similarly with Ten to Follow, horses able to progress through the course of a season and build up quick winning streaks are worth their weight in gold. Look out for three year olds who only had one or two runs as juveniles.
- Use the transfer window wisely: There is a midcompetition transfer window which allows players to make sub substitutions to their stable. With this in mind, trust your early judgements and look to only remove the selections who are unlikely to feature going forwards. Be sure to consider the upcoming bonus races and perhaps consider the horse you missed who is likely to pick up the late season Group accolades.
- Follow oddschecker’s own ten to follow: In the coming weeks, our very own Ed Jeanes will be publishing our own Ten to Follow stable, with plenty of pointers for you. Transfers are unlimited up until the deadline so there is plenty of time to include our selections if making your stable now.
Enter your very own stable here, and best of luck!
Don’t have a Tote account? Sign up here for £10 risk free on your first pools bet and the chance to play out the season as a Racing Stable owner.