Oddschecker preview the much-anticipated UFC 254 as Lightweight champ Khabib defends his title against the Interim champ Justin ‘The Highlight’ Gaethje.
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Justin Gaethje
The main event for UFC 254 has made it arguably the most anticipated fight since Dana White secured Yas Island in June.
After his fight with Conor McGregor in October of 2018, Khabib showed how good he was and became known to even those with little interest in the Ultimate Fighting Championship
Khabib is an expert wrestler, finishing 36% of his opponents by submission, and this weekend he’ll battle it out against the Interim Champ, who much prefers to win on his feet, making this another interesting matchup.
On paper it’s a hard fight to call:
- Both of their fight times land in the 3rd round, Khabib 13:56 and Gaethje 10:11.
- Gaethje lands more significant strikes landing 7.74 to Khabib’s 4.29.
- Khabib’s Strike defence is marginally better at 66% to Gaethje’s 54%.
- Khabib’s class really shows in his grappling stats, averaging 5.09 takedowns every 15 minutes compared to Gaethje’s 0.
Justin Gaethje picked up his Interim belt against Tony Ferguson in September of last year by knockout in the last minute of the final round. Some punters will be hoping he could use his 70” reach to land another devastating blow to become the Lightweight Champ.
When is Khabib vs Gaethje?
The bout will take place on Saturday the 24th of October. The prelims will start at 17:00 and the Main Card will start at around 19:00.
What is the Venue for Khabib v Gaethje?
The fight will be taking place on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, better known as the UFC’s Fight Island.
What Is The Undercard For UFC 254?
Excluding prelims to avoid mentioning the total 10 fight card, the undercard is as follows:
- Khabib Nurmagomedov v Justin Gaethje – Lightweight Title Bout
- Robert Whittaker v Jared Cannonier – Middleweight Bout
- Jacob Malkoun v Philip Hawes – Middleweight Bout
- Lauren Murphy v Liliya Shakirova – Woman’s Featherweight Bout
- Magomed Ankalaev v Ion Cutelaba – Light Heavyweight Bout
Where can I watch UFC 254?
UFC 254 is a pay-per-view event and can be purchased on BT Sport Box Office.
Khabib vs Gaethje Odds?
Punters are split for a winner in this bout with Khabib collecting a slight majority with 54% of bets, however, bookies are less divided, with Khabib being the landslide favourite at a best price of 1/3 compared to Gaethje’s 11/4.
- Live streams every day
- Wide range of markets
- Competitive odds
Bookies have backed Khabib to win on points as the most likely outcome in the market at a best price of 11/4.
One bookie is also offering Khabib Numagomedov to win by submission in Rounds three or four at 6/1.
With box fighters having a preferred method of victory for this fight, it’s worth checking out the exact method of victory market. Submission is the market favourite at 6/4 elsewhere, to be won on points can be backed at 28/17 and KO/TKO/Disqualification at 7/4.
Bookies and punters have found common ground in the “Will The Fight Go The Distance” Market, both not believing it will at 8/15; you can back the fight to go the distance at 2/1.
- Huge range of regular promotions
- 24/7 live chat service
- PickYourPunt builder for custom bets