OddsChecker connects you to the latest Stanley Cup odds right here. We update offers from leading US sportsbooks consistently as odds shorten on favorites and underdogs throughout the regular season and playoffs. For many, the Stanley Cup series is a popular futures bet; 2022 Stanley Cup odds are offered immediately after the previous season concludes.
Check the most competitive lines from a range of sportsbooks from BetMGM to FanDuel with OddsChecker’s handy comparison tables. If you’re ready to wager now, click on ‘More Odds’ above to find the full list of odds available today. Before you get started, learn the basics of NHL Stanley Cup odds and betting on this page.
In this article, we’ll walk you through:
• How to read Stanley Cup odds
• How to wager on odds to win Stanley Cup
• How to apply key insights on NHL betting odds to win the Stanley Cup and more
As mentioned above, oddsmakers release their Stanley Cup odds immediately after the current season concludes and pundits make their picks. For this reason, betting on the NHL’s championship series is considered a futures bet. Futures bets are very easy to read, which makes learning how to bet on Stanley Cup winner odds a breeze.
In American odds formatting, NHL Stanley Cup odds are written with a plus (+) sign. The team with the shortest odds is the favorite to win the tournament. Odds are written in terms of a $100 bet, showing what a punter stands to win if they wager $100 on a given team.
|Team||Current Odds||Opening Odds|
|Las Vegas Golden Knights||+120||+705|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||+150||+650|
In this example, we can see both team’s Stanley Cup winner odds when first opened. As play advanced, the Knights’ odds shortened. Those who wagered $100 on the Knights’ current odds would win $120. Those who bet when lines were first released would win $705.
Placing a futures bet on odds to win Stanley Cup is a popular way to get in on the action—but it’s not the only way. As the NHL season starts and advances toward postseason play and into the playoffs, sportsbooks will update their lines according to records, injuries, and other relevant details.
Ready to place a futures bet on your favorite squad? Check out OddsChecker’s free bets page for exclusive deals.
Aside from Stanley Cup odds on the outright winner, sportsbooks also offer prop bets (“proposition bets”) on a range of smaller events that will happen during the Finals series as a whole or on individual games. If placed far enough ahead of an event, these are also considered futures bets, but may be referred to either way.
Popular Stanley Cup prop bets include:
• Which team will score first in a given game
• Whether the game will reach overtime
• Stanley Cup MVP Award
• Length of the Finals series
Aside from Stanley Cup prop bets, other relevant futures bets include:
• Division champions (North, West, Central, and East)
• Conference champions (Western and Eastern)
• Playoff contenders (sixteen teams total)
• Player awards (Hart Memorial Trophy, the Conn Smythe Trophy)
• Player stats
There are a few key tips to keep in mind when looking into NHL betting odds to win the Stanley Cup, which can help you identify which teams are strongest. Whether relying on analysis from a pundit or going with a sportsbook with the best welcome bonus, be sure to consider the points listed below when selecting Stanley Cup odds.
• Competitive odds: As mentioned above, OddsChecker connects you with the most competitive deals and odds from the US’s top sportsbooks for all hockey bets. Be sure to choose the most lucrative odds—and keep in mind that the best deals on odds to win Stanley Cup are offered immediately after the current season concludes.
• Reference past winners: Take a look at the league’s most recent winners. For example, in recent years, there’s been an uptick in first-time Stanley Cup winners, from the St. Louis Blues (2019) to the Washington Capitals (2018).
• Rely on a team’s playoff performance: Even if you’ve been betting on the NHL throughout the season, there’s no information more relevant than a team’s immediate record. As the NHL’s playoff series advances toward the Finals, injuries from leading players, lapses in physical endurance or focus, and away records will become even more important for punters. Additionally, there are certain players who are known to blossom in the postseason, which makes them a secret weapon that shortens their team’s Stanley Cup odds.
Below you can find the last ten Stanley Cup champions, as well as the average Stanley Cup odds each team had prior to the start of playoffs. Many strong teams are able to make consecutive Stanley Cup runs, like the Penguins from 2015-2017. Similarly, the Blackhawks and Kings were close to being consecutive champions in the early 2010s. The Lightning were after a multi-year run during the 2021 NHL Playoff Series.
|Tampa Bay Lightning||2019-2020||+650|
|St. Louis Blues||2018-2019||+1250|
|Los Angeles Kings||2013-2014||+1400|
|Los Angeles Kings||2011-2012||+2200|
The Las Vegas Golden Knights have the shortest odds to win the 2021 Stanley Cup at +115.
The Las Vegas Golden Knights have NHL Stanley Cup odds of +115 to become champions.
The Carolina Hurricanes have been eliminated from the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Once the 2021 season concludes, sportsbooks will update the Hurricanes’ NHL betting odds to win the Stanley Cup next year.
The Chicago Blackhawks have been eliminated from the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs. As such, their Stanley Cup odds will be updated once the 2021 season ends.
The Tampa Bay Lightning won the 2019-20 Stanley Cup. It was their second time hosting the trophy.
We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.