Odds format
United States

Ruiz vs. Arreola Odds: Over 90% of Bets on Ruiz to beat Arreola

The public is heavily favoring Andy Ruiz to beat Chris Arreola
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

Ruiz vs. Arreola Odds: Over 90% of Bets on Ruiz to beat Arreola

It’s been a long time coming for Andy Ruiz Jr. but this weekend he makes his return to the boxing ring to fight Chris Arreola in Ruiz vs. Arreola. Chris Arreola isn’t exactly a fighter of the same caliber as Anthony Joshua, but this weekend will serve as an important stepping stone if the former heavyweight champion of the world wants to return to the top of the division.

Ruiz vs. Arreola odds are all over the place with Ruiz being favored by both bettors and oddsmakers ahead of Saturday night’s fight. If Arreola is going to pull off the upset over Ruiz, it’ll shock just about everyone watching.

Ruiz is no stranger to shocking upsets. In 2019 he took a fight against then unbeaten Anthony Joshua as what was seen as a warmup for Joshua while he waited to face either Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury. But, Ruiz shocked the world by defeating Joshua via a Round 7 TKO.

Ruiz went from relative unknown to heavyweight champ overnight, and some of the success got to him. He showed up to his rematch with Joshua severely overweight and was beaten for 12 rounds on his way to a loss.

Now, over a year later, Ruiz vs. Arreola is his chance to start his climb back atop the division he once owned. Let’s take a look at Ruiz vs. Arreola odds and betting.

Ruiz vs. Arreola Odds

Predictably, Andy Ruiz is a massive favorite over Chris Arreola on Saturday. For one, he’s the more talented fighter and, when at his best, should be able to handle Arreola easily. The second reason is the rumoured rigorous training Ruiz has been undertaking in order to get himself into unbelievable shap.

Not only should we see a much better Ruiz than we saw last time out, we may be seeing the best version of Ruiz that has ever entered a ring. Ruiz weighed 283.5 pound prior to his loss to Joshua. On Friday, he weighed 256 pounds at official weigh-ins.

 So how do the oddsmakers see it playing out? Well, not well for Chris Arreola.

Andy Ruiz is a massive -2000 favorite over Arreola, with odds as short as -2500 in some places. At -2000, his odds are indicative of a 95.2% chance of victory. Meabwhile, Arreola, who comes in at 38-6 overall, is sitting at +1400 for Ruiz vs. Arreola on Saturday. Odds that imply he has a 6.7% shot at an upset.

FighterOddsImplied Probability
Andy Ruiz-200095.2%
Chris Arreola+14006.7%

Ruiz vs. Arreola Betting

With odds that lopsided, how do the public betting numbers look? Predictably almost as lopsided as the betting odds from oddsmakers.

This month, 90.45% of all moneyline bets on the fight have backed Ruiz in Ruiz vs. Arreola. Just 9.05% of bettors are giving Arreola a chance of winning, even with those massive odds, while 0.5% of the public is backing a draw.

If Chris Arreola was to win on Saturday, he’d be shocking the betting public as well as the oddsmakers. If Andy Ruiz Jr. wins, we may be adding another person to the trio of Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua who sit atop the heavyweight division.

Ruiz vs. Arreola ResultPublic Betting
Ruiz Win90.45%
Arreola Win9.05%

Brian is a sports journalist with close to ten years of experience in the business. A lifelong Philadelphia sports fan with a passion for all things sports gambling.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.