Odds format
United States

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani Odds: Lomachenko Given 92.3% Shot at Win

Vasyl Lomachenko is back. Can he beat Masayoshi Nakatani in his return to the ring? Let's break down the odds
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani Odds: Lomachenko Given 92.3% Shot at Win

For a long time, Vasyl Lomachenko was considered one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world. But, in his last fight against Teofimo Lopez, Lomachenko suffered his second ever loss of his professional career.

Many thought Lomachenko didn’t give the proper respect to Lopez that he deserved and didn’t take the fight seriously. Lopez has said that Lomachenko treated him poorly leading up to the fight and as a result, he refused to offer Lomachenko a rematch.

So, in his first fight since the loss, Lomachenko will face Masayoshi Nakatani. Lomachenko is a huge favorite, but how will he respond to his first loss since 2014? What do Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani odds look like ahead of their fight?

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani Odds

Lomachenko is no stranger to a loss, but it’s been quite a while. Lomachenko is 14-2 in his 16 career professional fights.

Lomachenko started his career out with a win, but dropped to 1-1 with a split decision loss. Lomachenko ripped off 14 straight wins before his next loss, which came to Teofimo Lopez in October of 2020.

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani odds are extremely lopsided in the favor of Lomachenko, with oddsmakers expecting him to make a massive comeback on Saturday night.

Lomacheckno’s best odds against Nakatani sit at -1200, but he’s as short as -2000 in some places. At -1200, he has a 92.3% implied probability of beating Nakatani, according to the latest Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani odds. But his worst odds, which are -2000, imply a 95.2% chance he gets back to his winning ways.

Masayoshi Nakatani is not even close to as well-known as Lomachenko, but he should not be overlooked.

Nakatani is 19-1 overall at age 32 and his only loss of his career comes against a familiar opponent, Teofimo Lopez.

In his last fight, Nakatani won via TKO against Felix Verdejo. His wins don’t come against very prominent opponents, but if Lomachenko doesn’t take Nakatani seriously he could be in for another massive upset loss.

Nakatani, sitting at +900, has an implied probability of 10% of winning.

FighterVasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani OddsImplied Probability

Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani Betting

So, with a popular, well-known fighter like Vasyl Lomachenko fighting a relatively unknown fighter in Masayoshi Nakatani you’d expect the public betting to be heavily favoring Lomachenko. But, that hasn’t been the case at all. As a matter of fact, more bettors are behind Nakatani than Lomachenko.

As of Saturday afternoon, 52.83% of all bets are backing Nakatani to pull off the massive upset, despite Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Masayoshi Nakatani odds being so lopsided. 44.22% of bets are behind Lomachenko and 2.95% of bets back a draw

ResultPublic Betting %
Lomachenko Win44.22%
Nakatani Win52.83%

Brian is a sports journalist with close to ten years of experience in the business. A lifelong Philadelphia sports fan with a passion for all things sports gambling.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.