Odds format
United States

Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren Betting Breakdown: Paul the Slight Favorite with Bettors

In the past week, bettors have been split almost 50/50 on who to back for Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren
| 4 min read
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Copy Link

Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren Odds: Complete Betting Breakdown

Tonight is the night. After months of build up for the fight, we are finally going to see Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren in a professional boxing match. The oddsmakers and betting public have been all over the place when it comes to this spectacle.

When the fight was first announced and betting odds opened, Paul was a massive favorite and bettors were rushing to back one of the biggest YouTube stars in the world, fresh off his defeat of Nate Robinson.

Then, about a month ago, there was a massive shift in the betting. Askren’s odds to win pulled about even with Paul’s and a large majority of bets came in on the former UFC star. A lot of it came off the back of their first public face-to-face meeting where Askren put his hand in Paul’s face and Paul responded by slapping him in the side.

Now, in the week leading up to the fight, bettors are completely split on who to take and it’s refelected in the Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren odds.

Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren Betting

Like we mentioned earlier, the early betting was all on Jake Paul to defeat Ben Askren on Saturday night. As a matter of fact, during a 24-hour span in early March, Paul pulled in 70% of the moneyline wagers on the fight.

People were rushing to back him, even with odds as long as -250 after he opened at -280. Now, just a few hours from the Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren opening bell, Paul’s odds have drifted down to -160. And, over the past week, the amount of bets on Askren to beat Paul are almost the exact same as the bets on the opposite outcome.

Paul vs. Askren ResultPublic Betting in Last Week
Jake Paul Win49.2%
Ben Askren Win46.34%

Get the very best free bet promos availablein your state

Jake Paul’s Fighting Record

Jake Paul’s fight record doesn’t take much time to go over. Paul has fought in two professional bouts in his short career. His first fight came against AnEsonGib, a fellow YouTuber. That one ended in a first-round TKO by Paul.

In his next fight, Paul faced former NBA star Nate Robinson and finished him with a brutal KO that set twitter and the rest of the social media world on fire.

Win2-0Nate RobinsonKO28-Nov-20

Watch UFC expert James Lynch breakdown Saturday's Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren fight

Ben Askren’s Fighting Record

Meanwhile, Askren has an extensive UFC record but has never been in a professional boxing match. In 22 MMA fights, he racked up a 19-2 record with one no contest. Despite his prowess in the octagon, he’s never been known for his striking and may actually be at a disadvantage against Paul in that regard. Still, he has six KOs in his MMA career.

Loss19–2 (1)Demian MaiaTechnical Submission26-Oct-19
Loss19–1 (1)Jorge MasvidalKO6-Jul-19
Win19–0 (1)Robbie LawlerTechnical Submission2-Mar-19
Win18–0 (1)Shinya AokiTKO24-Nov-17
Win17–0 (1)Zebaztian KadestamTKO2-Sep-17
Win16–0 (1)Agilan ThaniSubmission26-May-17
Win15–0 (1)Nikolay AleksakhinDecision15-Apr-16
NC14–0 (1)Luis SantosNC24-Apr-15
Win14–0Nobutatsu SuzukiTKO29-Aug-14
Win13–0Bakhtiyar AbbasovSubmission30-May-14
Win12–0Andrey KoreshkovTKO31-Jul-13
Win11–0Karl AmoussouTKO24-Jan-13
Win10–0Douglas LimaDecision6-Apr-12
Win9–0Jay HieronDecision29-Oct-11
Win8–0Nick ThompsonDecision9-Apr-11
Win7–0Lyman GoodDecision21-Oct-10
Win6–0Dan HornbuckleDecision17-Jun-10
Win5–0Ryan ThomasDecision20-May-10
Win4–0Ryan ThomasTechnical Submission15-Apr-10
Win3–0Matt DelanoitSubmission28-Aug-09
Win2–0Mitchell HarrisSubmission25-Apr-09
Win1–0Josh FlowersTKO7-Feb-09

Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren Odds

It’s been tough to keep tabs on Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren odds. After opening at -280, you could get both Paul and Askren at +105 a few weeks ago. But, as we’ve gotten close to the fight, Paul has once again inserted himself as the favorite for tonight’s bout.

As of Saturday afternoon, Paul sits at -160 to defeat Askren outright. Those odds are indicative of a 61.5% chance of winning. As for Askren, he currently has +160 best odds, which imply a 38.5% shot he pulls off the upset.

FighterMoneyline OddsImplied Probability
Jake Paul-16061.5%
Ben Askren+16038.5%


Brian is a sports journalist with close to ten years of experience in the business. A lifelong Philadelphia sports fan with a passion for all things sports gambling.


Almost there!

We are loading your bets, and they will be here in a second.